The gold kylix is an antique cup that resembles a wine cup. There are two horizontal handles and a stem. This find is considered fundamental - it is the only kylix made of gold found in our lands. The ancient Thracians usually made it from clay and sometimes from silver. The credit for the find goes to the Bulgarian archaeologist Prof. Georgi Kitov and the Thracian expedition led by him. In 2004, they discovered the tomb of a Thracian king in the ‘Golyama Kosmatka’ area near Kazanlak.
If you want to learn more about the ancient objects found in the ‘Golyama Kosmatka’ mound, see the article
The gold kylix is suitable for:
- A business present. The kylix is a unique ancient cup, the only one of its kind found so far in Bulgaria. The replica we make is highly valued and is an impressive present, preferred by public administrative and private institutions. An ex-president of Bulgaria used to give a replica of this kylix to some of the foreign presidents upon their visits. The same replica is ordered by some municipalities as a present to famous public figures and politicians. Many Bulgarian and foreign celebrities have of this beautiful wine-drinking vessel.
- A birthday present. Giving a replica of an antique cup emphasizes the attention and respect you have for the birthday person and shows good taste. The kylix replica is often given to scientists, writers, doctors, and other prominent educators. They accept the present with excitement and admiration and sincerely appreciate this gesture of respect.
- A present for a foreigner. When you are wondering what present to choose for a foreigner and you want to impress them, replicas of ancient Thracian treasures are a good solution. You are giving a piece of our history that they will take back home with them. In this way, you give a present that will be remembered forever and contribute to the popularisation of our culture.
Why should you choose the gold kylix for a present?
- Because it is an asset. The replica of the gold kylix is handmade. Every detail has been repeatedly processed until it turned into a beautiful item similar to the original. The 24K gold coating is applied to the entire surface of the kylix to bring it to the original as much as possible.
- Because it is a replica of a Thracian cup, which paid homage to the gods. The kylix existed many years ago, around the 4th century BC. Only the ruler had the right to drink thick red wine from it. ‘The ancient Thracians were the creators of the cult to wine and used it as a ritual gift for their gods’, says Roelof van den Broek one of the world's leading esoterics experts.
- Because you will make an impression. It attracts the eye with its elegant appearance. When you give the gold kylix, you demonstrate impeccable style and good The impression you will leave with the recipient and their guests will be great. They will be delighted and fascinated.
What is the gold kylix made of?
The replica of the ancient gold kylix is made by hand from copper, using an old craft method and with a little help from modern technologies. The handles of the cup are a complicated detail, which we process many times until we get their perfect shape. The main element is the double-walled cup. In the inner part, we forge fragments with figural elements, like those of the original. The whole item is gilded with 24K gold plating.
We will help you personalise your gift
- Place a metal plaque with a personal message. To make your gift even more memorable, make it personal. Think of the person you will be giving it to, create a text specifically for them. We will write it on a metal plaque that will be placed inside a luxury box. In this way, the gift will bring additional joy, because it will show that you have taken the special time and attention to think, find it and personalise it to make it even more unique.
- We do not put engravings, inscriptions or company signs on replicas of antique dishes.
- Beautiful packaging is very important. We offer the kylix in a luxurious box. It comes with a certificate issued by ‘Zografov and Son’. It guarantees the authenticity of the product. The box also contains a description of the item, as well as brief information about us. We tell you a little of our story and who we are. In the elegant packaging, we add a beautiful leaflet with photos of some of our items. In the cases when you receive your order in our studio, we put the luxury box in a branded bag. The product is ready for presenting.
How to keep the kylix beautiful
- We are happy to offer you our maintenance service to keep your ‘Zografov and son’ artwork in mint condition.
- If over time, the coating darkens or is worn by long use, or if you damage the shape of the item, please get in touch with us. We can repair it for you and have it back in its previous pristine state. The price for this service will be determined after we examine the piece.
- To maintain the perfect condition of any items bought from us, please have a look at the article with instructions on how to take care of the products.
Time for production
If the kylix is not available, the manufacturing time is 10 working days.
Give a present that will impress and will last a lifetime.
Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions. We can advise you on the type and occasion of the gift. We have many years of experience and we know how to do it. Our clients are state institutions, banks, corporations, companies and many individuals. They all trust our expertise.
We respond to each inquiry within a day.
Email or contact us via Viber at +359 887 69 7228
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Pursuant to our General Terms and Conditions, we will update our prices on the 1st day of every month. All orders placed before this date will not be changed and remain at the agreed price. For more information, please, do not hesitate to contact us at +359 887 697 228